I actually created this to submit to a contest, but got busy and missed the deadline - oh, well! Thought it would make a great little party favor!
Card Stock: Basic Black 1 piece 5" square
Cherry Cobbler - 1 piece 4" square
Very Vanilla - 2" x 2-3/4" and 4" square
Marina Mist - scrap
Ribbon: 7" Real Red 1-/1'4" striped grosgrain
12" Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon - cut into two 6" lengths
6" Linen Thread
Ink: Basic Black
Stamps: Sail Away
Dies: Scallop Square #115950
Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder #117335
Square Lattice embossing folder # 119976
Punches: ½" Circle punch
Extra Large Oval Punch - used for pirate face and mouth
Word Window Punch - used for eye patch
Two Step Owl Punch - used eyes from punch for eye and nose
1 Cut one scallop square die from Basic Black card stock
2) Run 4" square of Cherry Cobbler card stock through the Square Lattice embossing folder
Adhere to Black scallop square
3) Bring two opposite corners of Scallop Square together and punch a hole to accommodate ribbon using the ½"
4) Tie with black taffeta ribbon.
5) Using Very Vanilla 2" x 2-3/4" piece, trim two corners to create tag
6) Using Basic Grey ink, stamp "ledger" from Sail Away stamp set onto tag
7) Distress edges of tag and punch a hole in top to accommodate ribbon. Tie to Scallop Square
8) Using the Extra Large Oval punch and Very Vanilla card stock, punch pirates face.
9) Run lower edge of "face" through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. Distress with black ink to create
10) Using a scrap of black, cut just the very end of a Word Window Punch for eye patch - adhere to face. Draw on
string for eye patch
11) Cut one "eye" using Marina Mist cardstock and the eyes from the Two Step Owl Punch - adhere in place
12) Cut a "nose" using Very Vanilla cardstock using the eyes from the Two Step Owl Punch - adhere in place
13) Using a scrap of Cherry Cobbler and the Extra Large Oval punch, punch mouth (use just the end of punch)
14) Fold Striped Grosgrain ribbon in half, adhere to top of pirate face and tie with Linen thread. Trim as needed
15) Using a Stampin’ Dimensional attach pirate face to tag.
FILL WITH TREATS AND YOU ARE DONE! ARRRGH! It’s the pirate’s life for me!