Remember all the fun of taking your Valentine's to school? This project is the end result of our daughter's call "Mom, do you have any ideas for something special the girls can take to school on Valentine's Day?" I LOVE calls like that - the brain goes into over-drive, ready for another new idea!
I created these using the Island Floral Bigz Die. They go together quickly - which is always good when you are mass producing. I cut out 40 of them, and sent them on to the "cutest granddaughters in the world" where they will put them together, complete with lollipops and ribbons and present them to their friends on hearts day. Don't you wish you were in their class?
Pretty in Pink card stock 2-1/2" x 5" per lollipop
Red Glimmer paper #121790 pg 181 1-1/2" square per lollipop
Wild Wasabi 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon #125059
1-1/4" Circle punch # 119861
Cellophane bags 3" x 5" #103104 pg 181
Big Shot Machine
Island Floral Bigz Die
Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
2-Way Glue pen or Multipupose Liquid Glue pg 206
Lollipops (not in the SU! catalog :)
1) Fold pink card stock in half to create a 2-1/2" square.
2) Using the Island Floral Bigz Die, lay the folded cardstock onto the flower die making sure that the folded edge lays within the cutting border - need a pic on this one, right? Here's the deal - you want the flower to be able to still fold in half after it's cut. Tough to get a good pic, but I think you'll get the drift.
Here's what it looks like after it's cut:
3) Emboss the flower front only using the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder. I was able to do three flowers at a time - see pic below. I lined up the fold of the flower with the edge of the embossing folder so the back of the flower is on the underside and will not be embossed which makes writing the greeting inside just a tad easier!
4) Using the 1-1/4" Circle punch and the Red Glimmer paper cut out flower center. Adhere to flower using Snail Adhesive.
5) Write or stamp your greeting inside the flower and then place your lollipop through the opening on the folded side of the flower. The folded part of the flower will be at the bottom. You can adhere the flower to the lollilpop with a little Multi-purpose Liquid Glue or the 2-Way Glue Pen. "These adhesives are both temporary when allowed to momentarily dry before adhering"
6) Place in cellophane bag and tie with ribbon - isn't it cute? Happy Valentine's Day!
Here are the ones ready to be mailed to Kaylee and Hope!