Saturday, January 5, 2013

In a Bird Cage ... or just the illusion of one


A little of the old, a little of the new...

Have you noticed the great shape of the brand new dies in Hearts a Flutter? Turned upside-down this one reminded me of a bird cage, and so, I decided to create the illusion of one with it. 
I love the depth Stampin' Dimensionals give to a card - have you discovered that they're the best out there? Just the perfect thickness. I use them on almost every card. 



I hand drew the branch these little birds are sitting on using an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker. Love those little birds! 
The Bird Builder Punch provides the Summer Starfruit branch that coordinates with the wonderful print that's found in Sycamore Street DSP. 

You can receive it and many more free products during 
Sale-a-bration beginning January 22nd!

Bird Builder Punch 117191

Hearts a Flutter Bundle
131098w
131097c






Flock Together
126730w

126732c

7 comments:

RitaR said...

Oh, how creative!! Love how you used the die and the branch from the bird punch! The pretty dsp and the little birds from Flock Together really finish it off beautifully! Great card design!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!! How clever. Thanks for sharing.

GerriK said...

Penny,
I LOVE your creations. You have such a creative mind. Thank you for sharing your great ideas. This card is beautiful! I love these little birds too!!

Susan G said...

Another fabulous idea! You are one creative lady. I didn't have this on my wish list, but now I think I NEED it!

Mary said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and clever use of the die to make the birdhouse!

Anonymous said...

This really got my mind to workin'.
I love the little window idea and
the "wow" simplicity! What a great card idea for a workshop card!!!
THANK YOU!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Saw this on Pinterest and loved it. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.