Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Paper Pumpkin!

 
My Paper Pumpkin .... do you recognize it?
 
Each month subscribers to My Paper Pumpkin receive a delightful, surprise box  of goodies from Stampin' Up! This month it contained four cards with envelopes, three stamps, a Stampin' Spot and a few embellishments along with an idea for one card.
 
My goal, for my customers, is to take that set and create two or three projects that use the supplies in a way they hadn't thought of (hopefully!) Just a little out of the box, if you will.
I include it as a PDF tutorial with their purchase.
Kinda fun and just a little extra.
 
 
I'll be happy to admit that this one stumped me a bit, as the cards are pre-stamped with hexagons as shown above. But, I got my little creative thinking cap on and decided to use mostly the stamps in some fun ways. Here we go!
 
 
Don't you love the new Smoky Slate? This time embossed with Whisper White.
 



 I used the punched out hexagons that were included in the kit to create a "Flower Garden" pattern.
Hexagons always make me thinking of this beautiful quilt pattern.
 
 
Here it is on a queen size "Flower Garden" quilt that I hand pieced quite a number of years ago in California. Piece by piece.... hundreds of them, all by hand. What a relaxing way to while away, oh, about a thousand hours or so, lol!
 
 
To discover more about this creative program from Stampin' Up! visit: mypaperpumpkin.com
And, to receive your free PDF tutorial each month, please choose me, Penny Smiley, Star, ID as your demonstrator during checkout. I look forward to helping you create next month.

2 comments:

Susan G said...

I'm so glad to have these new ideas. Got my box and thought "Ugh, what will I do with this"? Your cards I like. TFS!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to check out your PDF tutorial! LOVE your ideas :)