Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Tad Bit Vintage-y

 
In honor of World Card Making Day,
I have three cards to inspire you today!
So, even if you're still in your jammies, grab a cup of coffee, pick up some paper, a couple of stamps and ink and join in the fun and create!

 
 
Using the Word Bubbles Framelit as my inspiration, a row of Real Red hearts and a few Candy Dots perfectly accent this great piece of Flashback Designer Series Paper.
 
Ever since I laid eyes on that sweet little glamper
(see it here) last Friday night (and am on a search for one daily!) I've been wanting to create a line of vintage-like cards. Like simple vintage, not over-the-top glitzy vintage. I'm happy with this humble beginning to my collection.

 
To create these first two cards I used the Word Bubbles Framelit and ran just the very edge of it through
 my Big Shot! (which gives me that little "vee")  Is there a word for that little pointy thing? That's the only part I really wanted as I needed a gentler curve to create my card. Then following the curve, I hand cut the rest to create a very wide word bubble effect.
Oh, I hope I'm making sense of all of this for you!

 
I just love the way you can use Framelits "outside of the box" to create whatever your sweet little brain has imagined!


 
Here's Flashback DSP again, this time with a "woo-hoo!"  I coiled a bit of Thick Baker's Twine to add a bit of fun, because "woo-hoo" = fun, right?

A close-up of the serrated edge and a neat little heart to add a little love.
 
Here are the products I used:

Word Bubbles Framelits 132968
Flashback Designer Series Paper 133699
Just Sayin' 133203
Six-Sided Sampler 130956
Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack 133787
Candy Dots 130931, 130934
Thick Baker's Twine 135638
 
And, here's where you can order them!

No comments: