This is a back to school "pencil" designed to hold a regular size candy bar - perfect to provide the energy it takes to make it through that first day back! Mom, you may need one, too!
It's quick and easy to make and I was pleased with how it turned out. Enlarge it a bit to hold a brand new pack of pencils if the sugar seems a bit much.
1) Daffodil Delight c/s: Cut one piece 6-3/4" x 6-3/4" score @ 1-3/4", 2", 2-3/4", 4",4-3/4" &
Sponge scored lines with More Mustard ink
2) Blushing Bride c/s: Cut one piece 6-3/4" x 1" score @ 1-3/4" 2" 4-3/4" & 5"
Sponge along one long edge with Regal Rose ink to create "eraser"
3) Crumb Cake c/s: Cut one piece 3" x 2-3/4" score @ 1" and cut point of pencil (2" area)
as shown below
4) Basic Black c/s: Cut one piece 1" x 1-1/2"
5) Apply Sticky Strip as shown below
6)Adhere Basic Black c/s to pointed end of Crumb Cake and cut to match angles to create
7) Apply Sticky Strip along long edge of pencil. Place candy bar inside and adhere it around.
The candy bar is not to stick to the card stock, but will give you something solid when you are
folding and adhering it.
8) From Basic Black c/s punch a tag using the Decorative Label punch #120907
9) From Whisper White c/s cut a tag using Lots of Tags #114508 die cut and the Big Shot!
10) Using Basic Gray ink stamp sentiment onto tag. I used one from Friendly Phrases
I really like using Basic Gray for sentiments - it's just a tad softer looking than black.
11) Adhere sentiment to the Basic Black label. Punch holes at either end, insert brads and
adhere to front side of "pencil" with Stampin' Dimensionals
12) Insert candy bar - quick before you get tempted!!
I hope this will put a smile on some student's face! Enjoy!