Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Simple Old Fashioned Christmas


A Bootiful Occasion is a pretty neat stamp set, but these boots had me stumped. My "studio" (sounds fun!) is proof that I've tried a number of different ways of presenting them before I came up with this. I like it, it's simple and I feel good.


Stamped on Real Red with Versamark and then embossed using White Stampin' Up! Emboss Powder adds a wintery touch. The card front was embossed with the Delicate Designs Folder that gives the impression of snowflakes in the background.



And then, back to the workbench! I CASE'd a card from the Stampin' Up! catalog and created this card. I hope you use your catalog for inspiration - it's amazing how many different ways you can use the same stamp set. A little Victorian and a completely different feel.



And keep watching for a Cowboy Christmas card coming soon featuring the great cowboy (or girl, in this case) boot stamp that is also part of this set. Shop now!




Bootiful Occasions
126595w
126597c
Delicate Designs Folder
127023


Cherry Cobbler Tulle 127841

No comments: