Monday, December 3, 2012

Oh Joy!


I was asked recently if the Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die was worth the $$'s My answer: Yes! I love this die - it adds a big impact to cards and can also be used for all kinds of home decor... more on that later!

In this card I used an ornament as the "O" in Joy. I think it's fun replacing some letters with other fun things, like flowers (see Saturdays post) or elements as in this one.

The ornament instructions are included in my "It's a Keepsake Christmas" tutorial found here


And what about that fun trim - does it look like holly? I hope so - that's what I was trying to imitate. I thought about adding berries along the way and perhaps for another card I will. For this one, simple is fine.

Did you know you just may have a holly border punch and you weren't aware of it? It's the Finishing Touches Edgelit!
Begin with a strip of card stock 1" wide by the length you need.
 
Place the Edgelit along one side - die cut.




Place the Edgelit along opposite side, matching up the scallops as shown - die cut.


    The piece left over in the middle is the holly border. And you have two pieces of eyelet border left over to use! Is that almost too cool?

    Finishing Touches Edgelit
    127010

    Typeset Alphabet Bigz Die
    127553

    Need it quick? Order online now!

1 comment:

DawnTidd said...

Beautiful cards, Penny! You are so talented!!