Monday, September 10, 2012

So Sorry....



Sympathy cards are maybe the most difficult cards to create. Perhaps it's because we don't tend to make them as we're stamping along, we wait until we really need one and then.... oh, dear! What to do?
So today as I was stamping, I picked up a set I just purchased, So Sorry, and decided to create a couple of cards. I love the "So Sorry" sentiment, but it also has nine other sentiments that are add-ons

So Sorry

that bad things happen to good people
times are tough right now
this is late
about that
for your loss
forgive me?
i was thoughtless
for the loss of your beloved pet
So I stamped the outside of my card with So Sorry and it's ready to add a sentiment inside when the occassion arises.

I chose to work with Crumb Cake card stock and then since I had been using the Birds of a Feather DSP and it was still laying on my work area I picked it up and created a label with the Apothecary Labels Framelit (isn't it a pretty shape?)and butterflies with the Elegant Butterfly punch.
It seems like an uplifting I'm Sorry card to me.


And take a peek at Renee's first workshop - you did a fantastic card and presentation.
Thanks for the great evening!

So Sorry stamp set
126525w 126527c

Birds of a Feather Designer Series Paper 126899
Elegant Butterfly Punch 127526

Apothecary Accents Framelits 127003

4 comments:

Ruthie Graen said...

yes indeed, uplifting! Perfect Penny!

ateliersdeval said...

I'm just discovering your blog and I'm a fan yet !!!
Great job, thank you for sharing
Val

Kristi said...

I cased this card! Our neighbors 10 month old grandaughter passed away and i felt this was the perfect card for them. I didn't have all the supplies but I did have some butterflies! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear... how devastating. I'm sure your card meant alot to them.