Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween with no stamp sets!


It's getting closer to Halloween and what if you haven't any spooky stamp sets? Well, no problem! Take advantage of the free 30 day trial of My Digital Studio and then purchase the Toxic Framable Digital Designer Template (immediate download) for only $3.95 

It will keep you in Halloween cards for a very long time! It comes with numerous images (spooky and not so!) including great sentiments. Use a number of them together like the framed piece shown above or keep it super simple like I did with the two cards below.


To create the rough edges I scored each edge (with a little added pressure!) instead of using the cutting blade. I like it so much more than tearing as it creates a nice tattered straight edge. (Did that make sense?)


I blinged up the banner and added a pearl for the eyes of both the spider and the crow. An added wing (using the Bird Builder punch) adds a little definition to dear old bird. You could just as easily hand cut one.


And once again the Petite Purse Die! This time I cut the flap off and just added circles of Howlstooth & Scaring bone DSP. The banner is also from the Toxic download. All of the projects are super simple - with absolutely no stamping!

Look at all the cool images, background paper and sentiments that come with this download. Print it as it's shown or use each image individually - all for $3.95!


        

1 comment:

bckctrygrl said...

I was wondering how you got the torn edge look on some of your cards! Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely be using it!