Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thank You!



It's always fun to come up with a card for someone who is very artistic.... and a guy..... and someone very special. That would be our son, Chris. I received the greatest hand-drawn card from him for my birthday. I loved the artwork, but more than that I loved what he wrote inside. No..... can't share it, but, it would mean something very special to any Mom that received it. So glad I was that person!

So, here's my thank you to him. Had to add the heart (cause we've loved him since we set eyes on him!) and the rest - well, just kind of reminded me of him.

Did you recognize the Halloween paper? Don't let Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP fool you. It's going to be a hit all year long (even though it's only available until the end of the year). I love the Basic Grey, Very Vanilla and a touch of Tangerine Tango that allows you to take it from a spooky holiday to a birthday card, thank you, or even a sympathy card.

The diamond shape border is also from a stamp set with Halloween sayings, but I love the feel of it and thought it suited this card.


The tag is from the Apothecary Framelits and because I always love to speed up the process when possible here's how I ran it through the Big Shot!


I didn't want the half circle tab on the bottom so just lined my paper up with the straight edge and then cut the heart out at the same time. Easy, easy!

And the Chevron Folder - I just embossed the lower portion of the card for a little extra detail. Remember this folder is part of the prize - see below!


Click here to see this week's new MDS downloads. I've also added a link on the sidebar so you can quickly see what's new in the digital design world.

Looks like this is the week to hit 100,000 hits!!! Very cool beans! See contest here!

6 comments:

Melanie Cruz said...

Great card! I really like how you incorporated the Halloween paper without making it look Halloween-y. You have a wonderful blog! I've been stalking it for a little bit now.

Anonymous said...

So like your card, very manly. I like the way you demonstrated using the Howlstooth and Scaringbone paper. Also love the way you used the Snow Festival Tags. Thanks for all the ideas.
SIU, Seletta

Unknown said...

Penny,
Congratulations on the 100,000 hits!!! I was going to say you deserve 100,000 hits but that sounded a little odd. lol
I just finished the Harvest Kit and I love the gift tags and the recipe holder!! It's all cute but those are especially darling. Love the thank you card.

Alicia Graham said...

What a gorgeous card! I love each of the elements. I agree. I adore the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP!

Thank you for sharing your creativity!

~Alicia

bckctrygrl said...

I am truly a huge fan of yours! Your cards never cease to amaze me! LOVE this one, what a lucky son you have.

Marcy said...

An old adage says:
"A penny for your thoughts".

You,PENNY,deserve much more
than 100,000 pennies for your creative thoughts/ideas.
I really ENJOY your blog...
THANK U PENNY !!