Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving! (and homeade carmels)

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.
May your day be filled with family and friends, great food and thankfulness.
I'm thankful for a wonderful year, a quiet, peaceful home, wonderful family and having dinner at our sons home!  I'm also thankful for each of you who visit my blog, leave comments and create amazing cards!

Sea Salt!
I love sea salt! I love salted carmel mochas, salted brownies, salted carmels and today I even made sea salt kale chips. Not too shabby - but definitely eat them before the carmels!




 




Homemade Sea Salt Carmels

1/2 c butter
1 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c corn syrup
1 c sweetened condensed milk
Sea Salt

Line a 9" square baking pan with foil, spray lightly with butter spray.

Combine all ingredients together in a heavy saucepan. Heat until just bubbling. Continue to cook, letting it bubble lightly, stirring occasionally, for six minutes.

Let cool slightly and then pour into prepared  baking dish. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt.

Cool completely, cut into1" x 3" pieces. Wrap each piece in waxed paper.

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Linda L said...

Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it. Wishes for a wonderful holiday season!

Cindy Fodor said...

thanks, sounds yummy!