Saturday, May 11, 2013

Priorities...

 
Priorities....
 
there are some things that are easy to make priorities aren't there?
 
Like these two great little guys! These are two of our grandsons. Brittyn, the soccer player, and his younger brother, Isaiah. So, it's easy to drop everything and say yes to these little guys.
 
But what happens sometimes in life is...
 with all our good intentions of wanting to say yes, we find that we have let so many other things in; that were good, and fun, and right, that they fill up the space in our lives and we find ourselves saying no to what should (no, must!) be most important.

 
This was my view for much of Brittyn's soccer game last Saturday. Mr. Isaiah sitting on my lap, helping me drink my coffee, and us just having a good time together. I hope he remembers those times when he's a teenager and a Dad, because they are the stuff life is made of.

 
So....
 
 
Have you ever had one of those defining moments where you need to sit back and re-define your priorities, life, business, etc? And then let a few things go...
 
This week has been like that for me... and as a result I am making the decision to take a break from my Online Only Class. For now at least. It may re-surface in the future in a little different format.

 I am, however, continuing to do my other tutorials... I have some fun ones planned, and May's Mocha Monday tutorial will be available in the next post!
 
I love this Stampin' Up! business, my blog, my classes and I love, love creating! I'm not slowing down in that sense. But what I've found is that when I put myself on a time schedule of creativity, with the parameters of just one stamp set, I'm just, well, not that creative. It kind of takes the sparkle out of it for me and ultimately will for you also. And that part isn't okay with me.
 
I read a post on Stampin' Up! this week that gave me the push.... it's a wonderful post from Shelli, the founder of Stampin' Up! She talks about keeping our lives balanced, how we spend our time, etc. It's full of wisdom and hindsight. I invite you to check it out... it's on the main page this morning. Check it out at stampinup.com. May it inspire you also!
 
A big thank you to each of you who have enjoyed the Online Only Class. I so appreciate your loyalty and understanding.
 
 
 
 
So, lastly but not leastly, here is my card for today.
It was originally designed for my Online Only Class...

 

And now I'm off to Brittyn's soccer game! And that just feels good. Have a wonderful weekend!
 

 

 

3 comments:

Darla S said...

You can't say no to those two cuties!! That first picture cracks me up!! But.....yes, sometimes we have to let go of a few things in order to keep our sanity and enjoy life. It's way too short!!! Love your card/post as usual.

Darla

Unknown said...

I will miss those online classes but family always comes first! Maybe every other month :))

Keep on creating...you are very talented!

Wendie Waldman said...

I totally understand where you're coming from. Enjoy your changes.