Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ten Minute Tuesday ;;; or kind of!

 
It's Tuesday,
which means I should have a card ready that
I created in ten minutes, correct?
Well, the best laid plans sometimes turn upside down.
This card actually was created in one hour and fifteen minutes.

And here's why:
 
I'm jazzin' along, everything is going great, and then I decided to change the paper I stamped my leaves on.
But, where was my leaf stamp? Absolutely nowhere!
I had just used it... had to be there somewhere!
So I.... cleared off my work area, went through the wastebasket (two times), my basket of scraps, all of the stamp sets I had out (there were a few), my drawers (Stampin' Up! drawers, that is!), then decided to lower the frustration level a bit and take a break.
 
Cooked dinner, ate dinner, went back to looking.... the card was complete except for the leaves, so I had to find it! Besides what is the Secret Garden without leaves?

Finally, finally, I found it!
It had somehow stuck under my Stampin' Trimmer.
Whew.... back to the card! Total time: one hour fifteen
 

 
I chose to create a watercolor effect by using Stampin' Write Markers and gently stroking the large brush end over the stamp, leaving a few areas blank. The third flower was stamped without re-inking so it fades into the background a bit. Cantaloupe Crisp for the center, then Pink Pirouette and the edges are done in Strawberry Slush. I'm happy!


Here are the steps I used to create this card - it really does come together quickly. I might be pushing the limit a bit on the ten minutes, but it was close.
 
Here are some hints to speed up the process.
 
Do all your stamping at one time.
Die cut the flower and leaves at the same time.
While you're at the Big Shot! die cut the frame.
Put on all your adhesives at the same time.
(Snail for the DSP, Stampin' Dimensionals for
everything else)
Then assemble.
 
What I used:
 
Very Vanilla card stock - 4-1/4" x 11"
                                    2" square
Strawberry Slush card stock - 4" x 5-1/4"
Pistachio Pudding card stock - 2" x 4"
First Edition DSP - 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
Stampin' Write Markers:
Strawberry Slush
Crisp Cantaloupe
Pistachio Pudding
 Pink Pirouette
Basic Black
 
Stamp Sets:
Secret Garden Bundle
Perfectly Penned
 
 
Framelits:
Labels Collection

 

2 comments:

Muffins Mama said...

Beautiful watercolor effect. Thanks for the laugh about the search for your missing stamp. That happens to me all the time! I'm still looking for my linen thread that disappeared several weeks ago. It has to be here somewhere... and yes, I did check the trash... multiple times!

Judi said...

Love your card and yes, so funny post . . . happens to me all the time too.